Prior to 1889 this whole area was called Lane Cove and formed ‘part of the vast parish of St Leonards, (now North Sydney) which was the first parish established on the North Shore of Sydney Cove.
St Leonards covered all the territory “embraced in the watery grasp of the Pacific Ocean, Sydney Harbour, the Hawkesbury River, Lane Cove River and Berowra Creek.”
As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the opening and dedication of this beautiful church and parish centre, unified with the parish school on this magnificent site, let us prayerfully remember the dedication, and in many cases the hardships, endured by all those people – priests, religious, and lay, who have gone before us and who made possible what we are now privileged to enjoy.
Phone: 02 9144 2702
Fax: 02 9983 9694
Parish Priest: Father Ireneusz Czech, SDS
Assistant Parish Priest: Father Paul Tran, SDS
Other Useful links: