It is a pleasure to announce that Casie B and Derek J achieved some exceptional results and will be representing the school again on Thursday evening at the Broken Bay Swimming Carnival. We wish you both the best of luck.
During Physical Education lessons next week pupils aged 8-12 years of age will be taking part in the cross country trials in preparation for the selection of the cross country team. We are only allowed to send 6 boys and 6 girls from each age group. It will be based on the ability to finish the race at a reasonable pace without distress. These are guidelines for selection given to us be the Broken Bay Sports Council.
The distances are as follows:
Age 8, 9 &10 – 2km
Age 11 & 12 – 3km
If some children are unable to complete this distance it would be great if they could use this lesson as a fitness lesson and aim to power walk as much of the distance as they can.
Broken Bay Winter Trials Reminder
Thank you to those who sent back the player profiles for Soccer and Netball, we will be in touch shortly with an invitation to attend if you child is successful.
The deadline for the player profiles for Hockey, AFL, League and Torch are due Friday March 8th. Please download the player profile if you feel your child is eligible.
It has been requested by the Diocesan Sport Coordinator to inform you of the below information regarding the winter trials:
The selectors will be looking for children who display outstanding ability in the particular sport.
- All teams are open age (except 11 years rugby league). It is therefore expected that students will be in years 5 or 6 unless exceptionally talented.
- Students turning 13 will not be eligible for selection in NSW representative teams.
- Selection in netball and boys soccer is particularly competitive and only those students who have been selected in community development or representative squads or who are of a comparable standard will be invited.
- Any students who currently play hockey should be encouraged to attend.
- Schools will be limited in the number of students they are allowed to nominate for each sport.
- Where a large number of children attend a trial the selectors will make a ‘first cut’ of players after observation of an initial skills session. Not all students will be selected to continue with the trial.
Kind Regards Lucy Middleton & Leanne Grouse
PE Teacher/Sport Co-ordinator